Friday, November 5, 2010

Snuggling Up To Kiss



By Steve Knight/CBS 21 News

In my spare time I really enjoy coaching youth baseball, it combines two of my passions... baseball and working with young people. I look at it as a way of giving back to the community that I call home, and it also allows me to spend more time with my own 8 year old son.

This past weekend was the last game for my New Cumberland Gold (8 and under) fall baseball team. I was blessed with a fun group of players that really wanted to learn and get better. As a token of appreciation for my time spent coaching the team, they presented me with a thoughtful (and practical!) gift.

Those that know me well know that I'm a big fan of the rock group KISS. They were in their prime in the late 1970's just as I was discovering rock music. Their songs combined with their make up and theatrics were the perfect combination for millions of kids in the 70's.. including me.

With that in mind, my team presented me with the perfect gift for a KISS loving weatherman, A KISS SNUGGIE!!! To show my gratitude for what they did for me, I promised to wear it on air.

As you can see from the video, far be it from "Coach Steve" to ever break a promise to his players :)

No comments: