Monday, June 22, 2009

KISS ARTIST MICHAEL DORET INTERVIEW


AN INTERVIEW WITH KISS CD ARTIST MICHAEL DORET
DORET IS RESPONSIBLE FOR NEW CD COVER!
(The KISS cover) was like a shooting gallery then?
"Not at all. It turned out to be more like a mandala, more Asian-influenced. I was just going for the look I had come up with on that other cover. The visual theme I chose came out of the album’s name, the “Rollover” thing. There was no “right side up” to that cover…An interesting side-note is that after all these years since I did that work for KISS, they’ve come back to me and asked me to design their next CD cover. It’s a big project, and at the moment, I’m totally immersed in it."
The entire interview can be found herehttp://www.lettercult.com/archives/529. Doret is responsible for the classic 1976's ROCK AND ROLL OVER
cover art. One of the classic album covers of the decade.
(Interview Alex Savakis/Posted May, 2009.)

No comments: